[LLVMdev] Lack of use of LLVMContextImpl::NamedStructTypes

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 10:50:33 PDT 2011

Several people on this list have reported issues with the linker regarding a
named StructType instance with the same name in two different modules
being resolved into two StructTypes with different names due to StructType::
setName(…) collision behavior. Looking at BitcodeReader::ParseTypeTableBody(…),
I don't see use of LLVMContextImpl::NamedStructTypes or of Module::getTypeByName(…).
Nor do I see this use anywhere else in BitcodeReader's implementation (.cpp file).

Doesn't the context's NamedStructTypes (checking for a previously created StructType
with the same name), have to be used before setName(…) is called so that a new structure
is not erroneously created?

My apologies if this is noise.

Garrison