[LLVMdev] ULEB in MC

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Mon Jul 11 12:24:37 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm playing ARMAsmPrinter and there is a FIXME in
ObjectAttributeEmitter which should print a ULEB to the values, rather
than the current char.

I could get it to work, but the EmitULEB routines are all moving to
Dwarf, including the getULEBSize, which I need to calculate the
section size correctly.

Is this the only place outside Dwarf that needs ULEB? Does it justify
pulling everything ULEB/SLEB related to MCStreamer or reproducing the
code for this special case is acceptable?

As a rule of thumb I'd say pulling the code to a generic part is the
way to go, but I'm not sure on the plans for MC...

cheers,
--renato