[LLVMdev] clang-llvm exceptions problem powerpc-apple-darwin

Eric Christopher echristo at apple.com
Tue Jul 5 18:32:44 PDT 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 6:26 PM, Peter Lawrence wrote:

> I am getting assembler errors on clang-llvm-2.9 output for a program
> with
> exceptions that I do not get when using the installed g++
>
> Mac OS-X 10.4  powerpc-apple-darwin

There's zero work going into powerpc darwin these days. You may wish
to try a newer version (out of top of tree clang/llvm), but there
are no guarantees that it'll change the outcome.

>> as -version
> Apple Computer, Inc. version cctools-590.23.2.obj~17, GNU assembler
> version 1.38
>
> the folks at gnu-binutils assure me this is an assembler bug, but
> also that this isn't
> a recognizable "gnu" version number for gas.

It isn't. It's a version of the apple tools. Your best bet is to install
the last version of xcode shipped for powerpc 10.4 systems.

-eric