[LLVMdev] Operand name missing

ankur deshwal a.s.deshwal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 00:35:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

I was trying to use the following code in a if condition
I->getOperand(0)->hasName()

where I is an instruction with following condition already true -
I->getOpcode() == Instruction::Call

When I compiled a C code with llvm-2.9, I see a function call with no
operand name (for operand 0) . This happens for a function with
varArgs. The interesting part is that the same C code when compiled
with llvm-2.6 contains the I->getOperand(0)->Name as name of the
function.

I will try to dig in to get the reason. Can some one give me pointer
to what can be reason for this?

Thanks and regards,
Ankur