[LLVMdev] question on assembler for systemz backend

bagel bagel99 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 12:20:32 PST 2011

On 01/30/2011 02:09 PM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
>> I'd still like to know if anyone has sucessfully assembled SystemZ generated
>> assembly language with a binutils assembler, and if so, how.
> Almost all testsuite passed ~ 1.5 years ago (with clang + gas). I
> doubt anyone tried to assembler anything else after that time.

Lots of things have changed in 1.5 years with respect to assembly
output, so I guess it got broken.

I'll file a bug report, but it appears that no one uses this backend, so
I suspect it won't get fixed very soon. Too bad, it is possible to run
SystemZ code via the simulator "hercules".  I had hoped to do some
testing that way.

regards,
bagel