[LLVMdev] Fortran front-end to LLVM

Австин Ким avstin at mail.ru
Sun Jan 30 02:16:51 PST 2011

Sun, 30 Jan 2011 10:18:56 +0100 письмо от Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr>:

> Hi Avstin,
>
> > I'm completely new to LLVM (I first heard about it when I happened to come
> across this "/usr/ports/devel/llvm" directory in FreeBSD and was curious what
> it was.)  Does LLVM support Fortran 2008?  Is there a "Flang"?
>
> the dragonegg and llvm-gcc front-ends support Fortran.  These are both gcc
> with
> LLVM replacing gcc's optimizers and code generators.  Dragonegg uses gcc-4.5
> so
> is more likely to support recent Fortran constructs (llvm-gcc uses gcc-4.2).
> See http://dragonegg.llvm.org/
>
> Ciao, Duncan.

Thanks for the heads-up!  (And apologies to everyone for the newbie question; when I saw the part about DragonEgg on the LLVM WWW site I was confused as to whether it was a separate front-end to LLVM or a back-end plugin for GCC; for some reason I didn't make the connection that they are essentially the same thing.)

Have been trying out Clang/LLVM to build the latest development versions of the 4.5 and 4.6 GCC branches in order to build gfortran.  Clang/LLVM is (are?) simply amazing.  I revere the developers who designed and built LLVM and Clang (and no less importantly, released it under a simple, permissive license).

Can't wait to try out DragonEgg.  Thanks to everyone who has contributed to Clang/LLVM and DragonEgg!

All the best,
Avstin