[LLVMdev] -ffixed option in llvm-gcc

Hari Pyla harip at vt.edu
Fri Jan 21 14:56:15 PST 2011

Hi
  I am trying to register shadow a global variable using -ffixed option
in llvm-gcc. I am able to accomplish this using gcc however llvm-gcc
seems to ignore this option and generate code using the register.

command line:
 >gcc -Wall -m64 -O3 -pthread -ftls-model=initial-exec -ffixed-r12
test.c -o test
 >objdump -d ./test | grep r12

 >llvm-gcc -Wall -m64 -O3 -pthread -ftls-model=initial-exec -ffixed-r12
test.c -o test
 >objdump -d ./test | grep r12
...  //uses r12 register

I was wondering if "-ffixed" option is not supported by llvm-gcc. If so
I was wondering what is the best approach to register shadow a global
variable in llvm.

Best,
--Hari