[LLVMdev] Fwd: About test suits Cont1

Eric Christopher echristo at apple.com
Tue Jan 18 19:58:58 PST 2011

On Jan 18, 2011, at 7:06 PM, Qingan Li wrote:

> (2) tar xzf llvm-2.8.tgz;            // now, the top directory of source tree is /home/qali/llvm-2.8
> (3) cd llvm-2.8/projects
> (4) svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/test-suite/trunk test-suite      // now I check out the test suite into /home/qali/llvm-2.8/projects
> (5) cd /home/qali/install;        // This is my Install directory for all applications
> (6) tar xjf llvm-gcc4.2-2.8-x86_64-linux.tar.bz2      //Now, the binary file for llvm-gcc is in /bin, since what I do

Aha. I figured it out, my apologies for not noticing this sooner.

The LLVM_EMITIR_FLAG variable was added after 2.8, so by checking out the testsuite into a newer source tree you're mixing and matching two versions that aren't compatible anymore.

You have two options:

a) check out llvm and the testsuite from svn
b) use the source and testsuite from the download

Thanks for the report and working with us nicely :)

Good luck!

-eric