[LLVMdev] about NDEBUG

Qingan Li ww345ww at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 18:43:19 PST 2011

Hi Mr/Mz,

I have built and installed llvm-2.8 in debug mode using:

>SRC_DIR/configure --prefix=INS_DIR --enable-debug-runtime
 --disable-optimized --enable-debug-symbols

>make install

It seems the NDEBUG controls a lot of print-out of debug information, by
using DEBUG() or dbgs().

And it is said that NDEBUG is in enabled in debug mode, but I find it does
not work and the -debug option is not recognized. How should I enable NDEBUG
or enable DEBUG() and dbgs()? Should I define NDEBUG in the .cpp files
related, when I need the debug information?

--
Best regards,

Li Qingan