[LLVMdev] [LLVMDev] Stack Space and Removing it's Attachment to Register Allocation

Jeff Kunkel jdkunk3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 14:15:15 PST 2011

Hi, I would like to know what you guys think about building a model such
that stack allocation does not depend on register allocation.

I would like to create virtual stack space variables where variables will be
spilled. Then the final stack allocation algorithm can commence without
having to look at the register allocation scheme. The virtual stack space
variables would have the same rules as virtual registers variables.
Pre-coloring rules apply like a variable which is volatile so it's stack
space  cannot be stored on the stack.

- Thanks
- Jeff Kunkel