[LLVMdev] Building LLVM-GCC on Linux/PowerPC failed

Kalle Raiskila kalle.raiskila at nokia.com
Wed Jan 5 05:48:48 PST 2011

On ons, 2011-01-05 at 15:23 +0800, ext 陳韋任 wrote:
> Hi, folks
>
>   I am "stll" trying to build LLVM-GCC 4.2 on a Linux/PS3 machine, which
> has a 64-bit OS.

Don't know if it helps, but clang at least builds nicely. Unfortunately
I have a 32bit runtime installed and this seems to cause problems
somewhere - clang defaults to 64bit assembly (if I understood the output
correctly), and the assembly made from running
'clang --ccc-host-triple=powerpc-linux-gnu' is not accepted by the
default system assembler. It might work better on a 64bit system.

And I probably should file a bug. Is ppc32 still maintained?

kalle

--
"Modern computing machines are very complex objects"
                      -von Neumann introducing the NORC, 1954