[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Reminder: LLVM 2.9 Branching in One Week

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Mon Feb 28 10:01:48 PST 2011

Chad Colgur <colgur at gmail.com> writes:

> Will the 2.9 branch be reflected in the git mirrors?

I really, really hope this is the case.  The official git mirror
documentation says it is only trunk because the current branching scheme
in not suitable for git.  I don't understand why that would be but I'm
not a git-svn expert.

My very short reading of the git-svn manpage makes me think a git-svn
branch from the git mirror would make this happen.  So maybe the svn
branch should be created that way?

                                -Dave