[LLVMdev] llvm-diff

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Mon Feb 28 03:36:54 PST 2011

Hi all,

I'm considering adding debug metadata logic to llvm-diff, but it looks
like some heavy refactoring will be needed to do so. Who's the owner
of it?

There is too much logic in DifferenceEngine, classes being declared in
the cpp file, sub-classes of DifferenceEngine that could be used by
the metadata diff, but with the current style
(FunctionDifferenceEngine(*this)) will be hard to share.

I propose creating more files to split up the logic and use the
appropriate h/cpp split, even if that takes more space. I'm willing to
do some of this as part of my refactoring to get metadata diff, but I
need to know from the owner if that's ok or if he/she has some other
plans for the tool.

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at