[LLVMdev] Loading of immediates into registers

Jonas Paulsson jnspaulsson at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 04:24:40 PST 2011

Hi,

I have some constants that get loaded into a register, and then the register is copied to another register, and then used. I suspect this stems from PHI nodes lowering.I cannot avoid this right now, as the MI PHI's will only hold registers, and not constants. Therefore this gets complicated, having to handle the introduced copies from the Eliminate PHIs pass, while the IR is not on SSA-form anymore.

Is there a simple way to handle this that I have missed?

Thanks,

Jonas