[LLVMdev] DIFactory

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Tue Feb 22 07:40:19 PST 2011

On 21 February 2011 19:38, Renato Golin <rengolin at systemcall.org> wrote:
> On 21 February 2011 19:35, Devang Patel <dpatel at apple.com> wrote:
>> If you have patch, go ahead, I am fine with it.

Hi Devang,

After meddling with CGDebugInfo, I now know why GetOrCreateArray
accepts a list of Value** instead of DIDescriptors: arrays are used
for many other things than just types.

Talin,

To make arrays work you just need to include "Metadata.h" in your
file. When forcing a conversion through MDNode* -> Value*, I finally
got a meaningful error "MDNode type is incomplete", that led me to
including Metadata and getting the behaviour CGDebugInfo has when
putting DISubrange into a Value* vector.

cheers,
--renato