[LLVMdev] LLVM and Windows?

nullnull null.function at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 22:16:05 PST 2011

I'm actively working on Windows with LLVM/clang (not directly contributing
yet).

First of all, it does compile on Windows (only tested in Visual Studio
2010). But, there are still many problems:

(1) x86-64 won't compile as far as I know. CMake generates 64-bit soultion,
but one project is missing. But, 32-bit solution compiles safely.
(2) Although safe compiliation, there are many broken/unimplemented features
as of now. I can't detail everything. Some of them are very serious.

Currently, LLVM/clang on Windows is very experimental. I'm managed to make
it work.

I believe the future of LLVM/clang on Windows is very promising. I'm trying
to report many bugs as much as I can, and also wish to contribute Windows
support!