[LLVMdev] DIFactory

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:31:10 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Renato Golin <rengolin at systemcall.org>wrote:

> On 18 February 2011 21:34, Talin <viridia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry, I meant DIBuilder.
>
> DIBuilder is the new DIFactory. I've been playing with it this week
> and it's much easier and straightforward to use. I'm still having
> problems to create arrays, though.
>
> As far as I remember (from the 2010 meeting), the idea was to replace
> and deprecate DIFactory.
>
> I'm not saying we should do it now, just saying Clang should have no
> more deps on the old DIFactory to avoid header pollution, since it's
> only on one enum... ;)
>
> cheers,
> --renato

A couple of other questions about DIBuilder:

1) I notice that there's no 'isMain' parameter to CreateCompileUnit. How do
you specify the main module?

2) There's no means to set TheCU other than creating a new compile unit.
This means that you have to generate all of the debug info for your module
with a single DIBuilder instance, since there's no way to use a pre-existing
compile unit.

--
-- Talin