[LLVMdev] Error while building llvm-gcc-4.2

Binal Patel binalpatel4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 16:00:48 PST 2011

Yes, I tried the part in "Configure, Build, Install, Test", and I was
getting errors there; and so i looked at one of the earlier posts where they
actually resolve the issue. And i tried doing exactly what that post said,
but it didnt work for me. Here, I was trying to resolve this build error:
*
*
*configure: error: You must specify valid path to your LLVM tree with
--enable-llvm=DIR*

So, what should $DIR in --enable-llvm=$DIR be?
/users/bp/llvm/llvm-src/trunk/? or /users/bp/llvm/obj/? or /usr/local/lib?
 I have tried all three of these and i am still getting an error above.
(Default DIR is set to /users/bp/ - which also gives an error similar to
above. I tried looking for --enable-llvm's proper description, but I
couldn't find it using *./configure --help )*
*
*
(So, i guess i was trying to see if can get away with building it
differently inside the directory...some people were able to do it in

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info