[LLVMdev] Forward/Backward Interprocedural Slicing in LLVM

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 8 08:00:24 PST 2011

On 12/13/10 9:56 AM, Rohit wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Are there any known implementations of static inter-procedural slicing
> for LLVM (especially forward slicing)?
> I did find a few references to it in the archives dating back to 2008,
> but am not sure what the current status is.
> Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Hi Rohit.  Sorry for the extremely late reply; I was cleaning out my
INBOX when I saw your message.

We at Illinois have a partial backwards static inter-procedural slicing
pass for LLVM 2.6.  It will trace back through arguments but will not
trace back from loads to potentially reaching stores.  You'd have to use
a points-to analysis (like DSA) and add some enhancements to the code to
do that.

If you'd like to have that code, just let me know, and I'll ask our
advisor about it.

-- John T.