[LLVMdev] Debug info generation through llvm backend

sivakumar srinivasan sks200203 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 20:52:14 PST 2011

Hi Everyone,

I am really new to LLVM. I am working on something where I had to pick-up a
half-cooked backend and need to add debug support to it. I have searched
through messages but could not find a nice starting place. Could some one
please provide me with some pointers about
- what is already supported in llvm as far as emitting debugging information
is concerned?
- how to emit debug information through a llvm backend (any step-by-step
process)?
- any existing implementation?
- also, how to search through mailing list archives?

Thanks,
-sks