[LLVMdev] Loop simplification

Andrew Clinton andrew at sidefx.com
Tue Feb 1 13:08:20 PST 2011

I have a (non-entry) basic block that contains only PHI nodes and an
unconditional branch (that does not branch to itself).  Is it always
possible to merge this block with it's successor and produce a
semantically equivalent program?  I'm trying to undo some of the loop
optimizations that LLVM has applied to my program to reduce a pair of
nested loops to a single loop.

llvm::MergeBlockIntoPredecessor does not do what I want since it
requires that the the block have a unique predecessor.

Andrew