[LLVMdev] -f[no-]omit-frame-pointer

Kostya Serebryany kcc at google.com
Tue Dec 27 13:39:04 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Rafael Ávila de Espíndola <
rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What would be the best fix for asan?
> > Force  -mdisable-fp-elim when asan is enabled or document that asan
> > requires -fomit-frame-pointer for better warning messages?
>
> Just messages?

Yes.
Asan unwinds stack on every malloc/free and on failure.
w/o frame pointers the warning message will be less useful, but the ability
to find bugs will not be affected.

> I would suggest documentation.

Ok, I'll do that later (if no one else has an opposite opinion).

--kcc