[LLVMdev] Extend named metadata support in the LLVM C API

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon Dec 19 01:29:53 PST 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Andrew Wilkins <axwalk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm working on an LLVM-based Go compiler as a hobby project. I'm using Go
> bindings to the LLVM C API, and have found that the latter does not have
> full support for named metadata, which means I can't (easily/sensibly)
> export debug information. Namely, you can't create or update named
> metadata. I sent a patch to the llvm-commits list last weekend, but haven't
> had any feedback yet. I think it may have just slipped under the radar,
> hence the cross-posting.
>
> If someone could take a look and let me know if this is acceptable, I'll
> be very grateful. The original message is here:
>
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20111205/133210.html

I'll advocate for folks looking at these patches where I can, but I wanted
to give you a bit of a heads up -- many of the regular contributors (and
reviewers) who would be qualified to review this patch are on vacation for
the holidays and may be very slow to respond.

Anyways, hopefully someone can look through them, I just didn't want you to
misunderstand any subsequent delays. The next two weeks tend to be the
slowest for reviews on the project.