[LLVMdev] llvm/clang test failures on powerpc-darwin8

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:32:47 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:17 PM, David Fang <fang at csl.cornell.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've bootstrapped llvm/clang from svn-trunk on powerpc-darwin8 (g++-4.0.1), and
> have the following test results to share.
> Summary below, full log at:
> http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/sw/llvm/r146586-powerpc-darwin8-results.txt
>
> The only edits required were those I posted to llvm-commits yesterday (re:
> "some missing clang libs").  And I also edited LitConfig.py to point to
> /sw/bin/bash (4.2) because /bin/bash is missing support for pipefail.
>
> Some of the tests hung indefinitely on 'lli', so I had to kill them.
>
> My question is: which of the following test failures should be addressed first
> as top priority?  Are there any low-hanging fruit that look easy to fix
> (looking at the full log)?

All the tests that say "No available targets" are incorrectly
configured; they assume the x86 backend is available.  They can be
"fixed" easily, but that won't really get you closer to a usable
compiler.

I would guess that all the PCH tests are crashing for the same reason,
so fixing that could fix a lot of failures at once on the clang side.

If you're interested in actually having a usable compiler for your
system, I would say the crashes in CodeGen/Generic and CodeGen/PowerPC
are the highest priority.

-Eli