[LLVMdev] Adding option to LLVM opt to disable a specific pass from command line

Tom Honermann thonermann at coverity.com
Fri Dec 9 07:23:16 PST 2011

On 12/9/2011 8:23 AM, Seb wrote:
> This thread is not to discuss how relevant this example is. I just would
> like to know:
> a) If people think that adding an option to disable a specific pass is
> useful.

Yes, a peer of mine recently wanted such an option to disable individual
passes in order to 1) narrow in on a bug in one of them that affected
stack back tracing, and 2) provide a workaround for the bug.  He didn't
pursue modifying code to remove the passes one at a time and thus the
bug remains hidden.

Tom.