[LLVMdev] deglobalizing TargetOptions

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Sat Dec 3 14:31:53 PST 2011

Hi Nick,
`
> Galina, those are yours. I don't understand why the buildbots are
> failing (where are they putting -soft-float and -float-abi on cc1's
> command line?) but I also don't understand why we're still building
> llvm-gcc. I really only want to bring this up because I'm worried that
> the same bug might be shared with dragonegg. Is this something you can
> investigate?
Inside gcc/config/arm/arm.h you'll find:

#define LLVM_SET_MACHINE_OPTIONS(argvec)               \
  if (TARGET_SOFT_FLOAT)                               \
    argvec.push_back("-soft-float");                   \
  if (TARGET_HARD_FLOAT_ABI)                           \
    argvec.push_back("-float-abi=hard");               \
  if (flag_mkernel || flag_apple_kext) {               \
    argvec.push_back("-arm-long-calls");               \
    argvec.push_back("-arm-strict-align");             \
  }

You can find something similar inside gcc/config/i386/i386.h and rs6000h.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov