[LLVMdev] Changes to Debian's linker object files breaks building LLVM [crti.o, crt1.o, crtn.o]

Marc J. Driftmeyer mjd at reanimality.com
Wed Aug 24 18:36:43 PDT 2011

I've got a simple workaround which obviously everyone will figure out:

mdriftmeyer at horus:/usr/lib$ sudo ln -s x86_64-linux-gnu/crti.o crti.o
mdriftmeyer at horus:/usr/lib$ sudo ln -s x86_64-linux-gnu/crt1.o crt1.o
mdriftmeyer at horus:/usr/lib$ sudo ln -s x86_64-linux-gnu/crtn.o crtn.o

My real question concerns whether or not I should file a bug report
against Debian not having a transition path or other means in Debian's
update-alternatives infrastructure to update those paths and make them
available system-wide or whether LLVM needs to be aware of this move and
update autotools configurations files for make to traverse.

- Sincerely,

Marc

--
Marc J. Driftmeyer