[LLVMdev] running a module pass via opt on multiple bitcode files

Jinwook Shin (HOTWING) Jinwook.Shin at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 19 14:36:13 PDT 2011

Thanks John. Your approach worked fine for my small toy program. Now, I would like to run my module pass on a huge project (still a single executable) consisting of a few thousand bit code files scattered in many different directories. And some of them are static libraries. Do you still think it's a good idea to manually gather and link them with llvm-ld? I've seen other module pass implementations where they directly patch a specific version of LLVM or clang, instead of running a shared object implementation with opt. Which would be the ideal approach to analyze a program with a module pass? Thanks.