[LLVMdev] tools to debug human readable llvm assembly bc code?

Kevin Fan kevin.fan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 07:27:55 PDT 2011

Another possibility is to generate C code from IR using the C backend,
then compile and debug that C code with gdb.  The generated C
statements may be close enough to IR instructions for your purposes.
I've successfully used this method in the past, although I don't know
what the state of the C backend is these days, since I understand it
is not fully supported.

Kevin