[LLVMdev] git Status

FlyLanguage flylanguage at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 23:57:30 PDT 2011

> On Aug 18, 2011, at 10:57 AM, David Greene wrote:
>>
>> Did the project ever come to a decision about making a transition to
>> git?  I'm trying to do some longer-term planning and it would be helpful
>> to know what the roadmap is.

It's stuck on:

1) A misunderstanding that global revision numbers are necessary and
that 'git describe' along with frequent tagging (commit hooks) isn't
good enough.

2) Nobody writing up how git should be used with the current llvm
workflow (which is not going to adapt to an SCM, but the other way
around, which is understandable.)