[LLVMdev] Mips target instruction set

William Morland wmm23 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 16 05:00:37 PDT 2011

Akira,

I'm currently working my way through (and working out) the changes that
are going to be necessary for MIPS64. I've realised that some of the
structure of stuff will need to be changed and I'm keeping track of my
changes in Git so that I can easily break it down later. I'm using stuff
like sub-targets and predicates to try and add the MIPS64 stuff as
discretely from the current stuff as possible and trying to avoid
changing the current code too much. So far the main thing that I am
skirting round and is causing me a bit of pain is the register info
stuff as that seems like it is going to need a fair amount of attention
to get the two different versions running along side each other.

If you have any suggestions about how I should go about it then that
would be extremely helpful as I am, of course, fairly new to the
codebase and may not realise something which to you seems obvious. I'm
currently roughly sketching some things out here
https://github.com/wmorland/LLVM-Mips but I must add that this is not
representing what I expect to finally do and more an indication of where
I think changes need to be made and often just some reference code so
when I get around to properly implementing I have something to jog my
memory and get me going.

Many thanks,
William Morland