[LLVMdev] Make LLVM ARM JIT well-formed

陳韋任 chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Tue Aug 9 21:32:29 PDT 2011

Hi, James

> The main problem is that the ARM JIT doesn't currently use the MC architecture. There is work ongoing to convert it to use MC, but that is not moving very fast and any work done in the meantime on the current architecture will be thrown away when MC hits - this makes it less worthwhile to try and get the current ARM JIT in decent shape.
>
> If active work starts on the MC conversion I'd be happy to help out myself.

  I don't know if the MC conversion will be ready on LLVM 3.0 release,
and what ARM JIT's status is at that time. So we use LLVM 2.8 currently
to jit arm code. LLVM 2.8 might be old, but LLVM 2.9 seems worse based
our experience. The problem of LLVM 2.9 we encounter is the LLVM IR
generated pass the verifier, but it can be jitted.

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,