[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Undefined reference cross-compiling shared llvm/clang for mingw

Abramo Bagnara abramo.bagnara at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 01:39:49 PDT 2011

Il 02/08/2011 13:02, NAKAMURA Takumi ha scritto:
> Abramo, it must be the query for llvmdev, not for cfe-dev.
>
> 2011/7/28 Abramo Bagnara <abramo.bagnara at gmail.com>:
>> ../llvm-r136065/configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc
>> --enable-targets=host-only --disable-jit --enable-bindings=none
>> --enable-shared --disable-threads --disable-pthreads
>> --disable-assertions --disable-optimized
>
> I added --enable-shared for cygming a year ago.
> Anyway, I don't understand what happens to you.
>
> Lemme know;
>
>   - Which distro are you using?

Ubuntu 10.04.3

>   - The version of mingw32-objdump and mingw32-ld.

$ i586-mingw32msvc-objdump -v
GNU objdump (GNU Binutils) 2.20
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later
version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.

$ i586-mingw32msvc-ld -v
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.20

>   - Please try combination of "--enable-optimized" "--disable-embed-stdcxx".

--disable-embed-stdcxx has no effect wrt observed issue

--enable-optimized makes the difference and compilation ends without
failures.