[LLVMdev] LLVMC plugin setup changed?

Mikhail Glushenkov foldr at codedgers.com
Fri Apr 22 15:05:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

Martijn <martijn <at> martijnrutten.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build my own llvmc plugin,
>
> [...]
> Obviously this is not a clean solution. Any help to build the Simple
> plugin (and hence my custom plugin) in a more decent way is greatly
> appreciated!

Yes, support for dynamic plugins was removed from llvmc. The new approach is to
always generate a static executable. Basically, to build a working driver you
should start with $LLVMC_DIR/examples/Skeleton, put the TableGen code into
AutoGenerated.td and optional C++ code (hooks) into Hooks.cpp. This is how
llvmc/src itself is structured.

Sorry for the confusing documentation, I'll update it shortly.