[LLVMdev] Valid debug information being deleted by DAGCombiner

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 14 19:07:23 PDT 2011

On 4/14/11 8:22 PM, Villmow, Micah wrote:

> Found another bitcode file where a debug symbol is being dropped.
>
> In the attached bitcode file, the variable gid is not in the debug output.

Dumb question: Have you looked to see if mem2reg is destroying (or not
maintaining) the debug information of interest (or put another way, was
the variable gid promoted to an LLVM register and therefore had its
debug information destroyed)?

I haven't used LLVM's new debug facilities, so my knowledge is out of
date, but I think optimizations are still permitted to remove debug info.

-- John T.