[LLVMdev] Some sort of DAG lowering error

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:29:29 PDT 2011

Just in case anyone else is paying attention to this thread of one. I thought
I would give an update to close out the issue.

I tested the ExceptionDemo program against against a CentOs 5.4 (updated) system
vmware virt--llvm built with gcc 4.1.2 both with and without -march=i686 (though I don't
understand what effect i686 has on a gcc built for the target: i386-redhat-linux), and all
works fine. I suspect my ec2 config failure has something to do with mix gcc version installs,
but as my current work is concentrated on clang, I'm not going to look further into
this unless others have issues.

I wrote the ExceptionDemo source about a year ago so it takes me a while to gear up on it--which
is going to be a lot more fun when MCJIT comes to full fruition. :-) However even though I test first
with OS X, I do want this to always fully work with x86 Linux, and wish someone was interested
in porting this to Windows, and ARM based Linux. BSD would be nice also, but this may already work
anyway. In the end MCJIT and the near (hopefully), future EH design may make this effort moot.

Garrison