[LLVMdev] Polly - extending its polyhedral model

ether zhhb etherzhhb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 22:34:02 PDT 2011

hi,

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:02 AM, Arnaldo <arnaldo.cruz at upr.edu> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> Is there someone planning to work on adding to Polly the techniques
> described in "The polyhedral model is more widely applicable than you
> think" to increase the coverage of the polyhedral model?
It seems that the answer is 'no'.

> I'm not familiar with Polly, but this would involve modifying its
> front-end and the code generator right?  Any idea of how difficult
> this would be?
For the front-end, you need to modify the ScopDetection pass so it
accepts the irregular stuffs, and you also need to modify the ScopInfo
pass so it can translate those irregular stuffs to polyhedral
representation correctly.

I am not familar with the backend, cced to tobi.

best regards
ether