[LLVMdev] Incompatible types at call site

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Apr 7 01:34:40 PDT 2011

Hi Arushi,

> I got this from C code compiled by llvm-gcc.
>
> There is a consistent prototype for the function
>
> TypHandle       Cyclotomic ( hdRes, n, m )
>      TypHandle           hdRes;
>      long                n,  m;

I just remembered that Kernighan and Ritchie style declarations like this don't
have the semantics you might expect.  In particular this is not equivalent to
saying
   TypHandle       Cyclotomic ( TypHandle hdRes, long n, long m )
If you change the declaration to the previous line, does the nasty bitcasting
go away?

Ciao, Duncan.