[LLVMdev] Problem building the LLVM sample project

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 4 08:57:45 PDT 2011

On 4/4/11 9:25 AM, Pablo Barrio wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm starting a new project and I'm having some trouble with the LLVM
> configure+Makefile system.
>
> When I type "./configure" in the sample project, it seems to work.
> However, after going down to the autoconf dir and typing
> "./AutoRegen.sh", when I go back to the project main dir and type
> "./configure" again, I get the following error:
>
> configure: error: cannot find install-sh, install.sh, or shtool in
> ../../../autoconf "."/../../../autoconf

I recall having this problem with SAFECode and Poolalloc.  I would model
your configure.ac and AutoRegen.sh after theirs since theirs is actually
used while the sample project tends to get ignored.

Directions for getting SAFECode/Poolalloc from SVN are at
http://sva.cs.illinois.edu/downloads.html.

-- John T.