[LLVMdev] [Fwd: Re: extracting profile information]

netra at cse.iitb.ac.in netra at cse.iitb.ac.in
Fri Apr 1 01:16:23 PDT 2011

 Hi,
 I am implementing a profile driven strength reduction pass where i will be
 performing S.R and Loop Invariant Code Motion based on edge profile
 information.

 I found utils/profile.pl command on the llvm.org command guide.

 However,the output generated shows only function and basic block frequency.

 Although the help gives -edge as an option,but even for

 utils/profile.pl -edge ../../../c-files/const.bc

 However this is the output generated:

 18===-------------------------------------------------------------------------===
 LLVM profiling output for executions:
    1.
    2.
    3.

 ===-------------------------------------------------------------------------===
 Function execution frequencies:

   ##   Frequency
    1.     3/3 main

 ===-------------------------------------------------------------------------===
 Top 20 most frequently executed basic blocks:

   ##      %%     Frequency
    1. 45.8333%    33/72    main() - bb1
    2. 41.6667%    30/72    main() - bb
    3. 4.16667%     3/72    main() - entry
    4. 4.16667%     3/72    main() - bb2
    5. 4.16667%     3/72    main() - return

 Can you tell me how to extract edge profile information.

 Also,i want to know how to extract runtime profiling and static profiling
 information in llvm.

 Thanks a lot for replying for my earlier query.

 Regard,
 Netra
 M.Tech-1,CSE
 IIT BOMBAY