[LLVMdev] CMake "sudo make install" & headers

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu Sep 30 15:52:18 PDT 2010

Samuel Williams <space.ship.traveller at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> The problem is that exactly the same arguments to CMake on Mac OS X
> and Linux give different results.
>
> On Mac OS X, headers are not installed. On Linux, they are
> installed. I've tested this on Debian Linux and OS X 10.6.4 both with
> CMake >= 2.8.0
>
> I am not sure how to debug this problem. Does anyone have any
> experience with CMake command line on Mac OS X?

It should work the same, regardless of what interface you use for
configuring. Else, it would be a strong indication of a bug on cmake.

The commands for installing the headers are at the end of the top-level
CMakeLists.txt.

Try building and installing without `sudo', i.e. under your home
directory. Whatever result you get will be useful to know.