[LLVMdev] gcc, conceptgcc, and llvm-gcc

Xiaolong Tang xiaolong.snake at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 05:05:27 PDT 2010

Hey all,

My previous work was done mainly in the front-end of conceptgcc,
whereas recently I am doing some code analysis in the middle-end of
llvm. I am considering to port my previous work to llvm.

So, I am very concerned with the difference between gcc and llvm-gcc,
and of course the difference between gcc and conceptgcc. I have no
idea of the former difference, though I have some idea of the latter
difference.

Would someone briefly please point out the changes of llvm-gcc
relative to gcc? Hopefully, with your input, I could evaluate the
efforts when I patch a normal gcc with the differences between gcc and
llvm-gcc :)

Thanks!

Best,
Xiaolong