[LLVMdev] LLVM Exception Handling

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Sun Sep 26 15:01:48 PDT 2010

On 26 September 2010 22:11, Nathan Jeffords <blunted2night at gmail.com> wrote:
> The "exception" value will *always* be i8*, it is not possible for it to be
> anything different.
> In the end, this a minor parser detail and it is not terribly important to
> me one way or the other.

I know, it is rather silly. It has more to do with debugging front-end
code than syntactic or semantics.

When building PHI nodes, I often found that I was trying to join
different types. The assert tells me that the types are different, but
obviously not which types I was joining (only the value and basic
block).

Normally, I would see the values and understand instantly what was
going wrong, but if you don't have the types explicitly, you have to
remember (or read the docs) to know what that type really is and then,
understand what you failed to do. As I said, this is a very minor
issues.

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at