[LLVMdev] LLVM Exception Handling

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Sun Sep 26 11:57:23 PDT 2010

On 26 September 2010 19:49, Nathan Jeffords <blunted2night at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do think that a direct representation
> is more desirable than one implemented via intrinsics. I think that that
> makes it easier for passes to deal with.

Agreed! Exception handling is an important part of many languages and
should be represented directly.

Internally, most of the C++ unwinding functions are actually library
calls (prolly why they used intrinsics), but using direct
representation would ease not only validation passes, but also
optimization passes. In the end, they'd be lowered to the same lib
calls anyway...

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at