[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.8 and MMX

Reid Kleckner reid.kleckner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 16:24:45 PDT 2010

This thread confuses me.  I thought Chris said that LLVM 2.8 will not
lower generic vectors to MMX because it breaks x87 code, and I didn't
see an answer to your question about a switch to tell the code
generator otherwise.  However, you're complaining that MMX performance
is subpar, even though LLVM 2.8 isn't supposed to generate MMX
instructions.

Can someone clarify the situation for me?

Thanks,
Reid