[LLVMdev] inline asm constraints examples/tests

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 16:38:52 PDT 2010

Daniel,

Sorry, I'm implementing the back-end support for multiple-alternative
constraints in stages.  I wouldn't expect any serious inline asm multiple
alternative constraints tests to work yet, as a number of the constraint
characters aren't implemented yet.  I'll try to fix it so that it doesn't
assert when unsupported constraints are used.  Clang may have passed parsing
tests before my latest change, but there wasn't real support for
multiple-alternative constraints with the front-end/back-end combination
yet.

I'm glad you're working on the gcc tests.  I've pulled them down now.
Seeing that they have a makefile, I'm assuming they probably won't work on
Windows, so I'm putting them on my Linux box.

Questions:

Should I be able to get these running on Ubuntu Linux, or are they targeted
for Darwin only?  I changed the variables at the start of the makefile to
reflect Linux and my paths, and installed DejaGNU.  The tests are running
right now, and right off I'm getting a number of messages about failing
tests.  Some for paths like "gcc.apple/pascal-strings-2.c", some like
gcc.c-torture/compile/20000922-1.c.  It's fairly quiet now, so I'm assuming
some are passing.

Will they work with the debug build of Clang?

What was the name of the failing test?

I'm a novice here, so any help would be appreciated.

-John

  I'm assuming they need to be run on Linux.  I'll see if I can make it so
it doesn't assert if any of the unsupported constraints are used.

I just tried running the gcc tests, but am missing "runtest".

-John

John.Thompson.JTSoftware at gmail.com