[LLVMdev] LLVMdev Digest, Vol 75, Issue 40

Adve, Vikram Sadanand vadve at illinois.edu
Mon Sep 20 12:04:30 PDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 12:00 PM, <llvmdev-request at cs.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Daniel Dunbar <daniel at zuster.org> wrote:
>> Hi Danny,
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin.org> wrote:
>>> Can't offer it in the bay area, but i can offer space in oregon state
>>> university (which is where the osuosl machines reside).
>>> http://osuosl.org/services
>>>
>>> Why do you need access if you have people willing to handle support
>>> tickets and remote console/power control cards?
>>
>> I don't, really. To be honest, I wasn't aware that OSUOSL had all of
>> these services available.
>
> :)
> That's what they do

As it turns out, that's what UIUC does too :-).  llvm.org (aka llvm.cs.uiuc.edu) lives at UIUC.  Moreover, we also have an LLVM funding account here in case we need to channel funds to buy machines in the future; that's where the GSoC money as well as the dev meeting sponsorship money lives.  If locating in the Bay Area is not a requirement, as you said, then placing more machines at UIUC is something to consider.

>>> I have yet to see a problem that i could not solve (since the cards
>>> can display console, control power to the machine, etc) either through
>>> this or a support ticket answered very quickly.
>>
>> Apparently I need to investigate the services we have available to us
>> through OSUOSL more closely. If I can possible ship some machines to
>> OSUOSL where we would have good remote access that could be extended
>> to trusted LLVM developers then this would be an excellent solution.
>
> Yup, that's what we do with our machines.

Already happens for llvm.org.

--Vikram
Associate Professor, Computer Science
http://llvm.org/~vadve