[LLVMdev] LLVMdev Digest, Vol 75, Issue 36

Peter Lawrence peterl95124 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 17 20:01:05 PDT 2010

hmmm, that reply seems to miss the point, C is an "ok" language for
writing OSs in,
but a terrible language to write compilers in,  C++ with STL is a
much better choice
for writing compilers (hence why I for one have switched from doing
compiler work
in GCC to doing it in LLVM). I would recommend abandoning the C
interface for
LLVM, you're only helping people do lesser quality work than they
could do otherwise.
There was a time when C++/STL wasn't mature and not everywhere
available, and you
would have more stability using plain C, but that time has long since
past.

best,
Peter Lawrence. San Jose, CA.