[LLVMdev] Support for ARM Run-Time ABI

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Fri Sep 17 11:43:08 PDT 2010

Hi Sandeep,

On 17 September 2010 18:52, Sandeep Patel <deeppatel1987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Only these few renamed libcalls are set as AAPCS because other
> libcalls may still want to be AAPCS-VFP.

Even the F32 ones?

Anton,

As discussed, we might better put the FP helpers first, then deal with
the REM and Memset later. If Sandeep's patch passes all tests, you can
apply that and I'll merge to our changes later. If we have anything
extra, I can send together with the other patches later.

> BTW, I'm absolutely thrilled to see contributions to the ARM target
> from ARM. Many thanks! Please consider helping us with the A9
> scheduler since the TRMs aren't sufficiently detailed to do a proper
> job and we can't refer to the GCC machine description work that ARM
> has done.

We sent a few patches already, but nothing too comprehensive, to be honest.

Unfortunately we don't have many people looking into LLVM, so the flow
of patches is lower than we'd like. We hope to get more active now,
helping the new MC for ARM/ASM and ARM/ELF, but I can't guarantee
we'll do as much as it's expected of us. ;)

About the A9 scheduler, I'll have a look (but I'm not the expert). ;)

--
cheers,
--renato