[LLVMdev] Accurate garbage collection

nicolas geoffray nicolas.geoffray at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 05:00:38 PDT 2010

I don't know of any precise and efficient GC that you can take as-is, you
often need to specialize them by, eg, providing an object model,
multi-threading interface.

In VMKit, I use MMTk (http://jikesrvm.org/MMTk), which is "unfortunately"
written in Java. However I am able to generate a .so file out of it that can
link with C code. So if you are prepared to play with vmkit's Java ahead of
time compiler, and to understand MMTk's interface to object model and
multi-threading, using MMTk might be a solution for you.

Cheers,
Nicolas